Tuesday 28 March 2017

The Watchfield Village Map




This blog will cover the creation of a the Watchfield Village Map. It will be created with the people who live and work in Watchfield. This will include several community groups, pupils at the primary school and residents of the village.
The previous map of Watchfield was drawn in 1758 and is called the Willington Map and is shown below, a black and white version is also on display in the community Hall. It is now time that a new one was made, one that is more inclusive and representative of Watchfield today. This blog will follow progress, update residents on how things unfold. I hope it will reveal stories and history about Watchfield that strengthen community values and celebrate living in Watchfield.

My name is Rob Turner and I am an artist and while I’m working in Watchfield I will also be a map maker, a village researcher and a blogger! 



The Willington Map 1758

 
online map 2017
 
I think we will be able to create a much more interesting version

No comments:

Post a Comment