Friday 12 May 2017

Back in my workshop.

Now back in my workshop I have been able to look closely at the work done this week. My first real opportunity to match conversations to drawings and see how people have visualised what they described to me. Sometimes episodes are described to me and I am familiar with what has been drawn, other times I get descriptions but don't really see the final outcomes. Then there are the times where I don't know what's been drawn at all and it is now I discover things previously hidden. 

These include additions where someone has modified/altered a drawing made by someone else in a previous workshop. The worry here is how will the maker of the original drawer react to having their work modified? Then there are things like someone will have located all the horses drawn on the map and decided to make each one having a pooh (might have to see if I can find any tippex in this case). 

Then there are the times when you discover something that totally resonates or strikes a cord. In this case made me immediately draw into it and it bring it up to the level of finish I want to achieve for the whole map. A really moving drawing was made by George Ford and it shows us that his beloved dog Alfie died in 2016 and is buried in the back garden of his house. This was sad and tugged my heart strings as my dog Cosmo died in 2015 and I really get the meaningfulness of this event. I don't know who George Ford is, he did not come up and explain his drawing to me. I discovered it and I feel his pain.


R.I.P. Alfie
It appears that Georges house is at the foot of White Horse Hill, but I suspect the hill was drawn by another pupil and the location is accidental, the whole scene could be created by George, but my guess it is the work of two. This appears in the boarder of the map.


the school badge proudly depicted on the school field underneath the Mugga
  I also decided to work on the school map, and worked in one corner to show the final effect that I want for the project. I hope this will make people take their time and work carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment